Welcome!

I craft! Spinning, sewing, knitting, quilting...it's all here, along with so much more. I just love making things and writing about them. I hope you'll join me.

Craftsy

Craftsy

Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Goodbye to the Old, On to the New

By now, anyone who has followed my blog and actively read it (when I Post!) knows that I am a woman of eclectic tastes and pursuits. I have just finished obtaining my Master's in education, which has always been a goal of mine. Of course, now I'm looking for a job as a teacher. However, I always have a desire to learn new things and pursue new goals. One of those goals has ALWAYS been to play a musical instrument.

Growing up in my family meant that I didn't have a lot of opportunities to pursue passions. If it was free or cheap, I could pursue it. But nothing that involved a commitment of a rental on musical instruments or, God forbid, buying one. I can't sing a lick, either, although I have to admit bathroom acoustics have always been a friend to me. However, I have always loved music. One of the highlights during the year are the biannual concerts from the Armstrong Atlantic Youth Orchestra in Savannah. I try to attend every one, not just because of the music, but because I have a young friend that is in the orchestra. When I go I fantasize about playing something - usually the haunting melodies on the violin.

So I decided that this summer I would pursue a new dream. I bought a violin with all of the trimmings (metrinome, tuner, case, strings, workbooks, bridge, rosin, etc.) and began to play. Well, not really, cause I didn't know the first thing about tuning it, or that I was supposed to put rosin on the bow to make sound, or how to rosin it. I even had to look up how to put the shoulder rest on the thing. But I'm loving it. I'm obsessed by it actually.

I have ordered jewelry with violins and cleft notes. But I am also finding images of violins and roses in my mind. So to honor that obsession and pursuit of a lifelong dream, I curated a collection of violin art on Etsy. You are never too old to chase a dream. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.



Share your musical obsession with me! Leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I try to respond to each and every one. Please note that all comments are moderated and it may take a little while for your comment to appear. :)

Craftsy

Craftsy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...