Welcome!

I craft! Spinning, sewing, knitting, quilting...it's all here, along with so much more. I just love making things and writing about them. I hope you'll join me.

Craftsy

Craftsy

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Quilting on Wednesday: Block of the Month 2014

Who would like to do a Block of the Month??? Yeah, some of us get into doing these things and find out that we love them. Blocks of the month increase our skills and knowledge and provide us with little bite-sized pieces that don't necessarily have to develop into quilts. You can use your blocks to make a variety of things like pillows, pot holders and hot pads, mug rugs, etc.

We will be doing one block a month, on the first Wednesday of the month. So our first one will start on February 5, 2014.

Our first block will be an Attic Windows block that measures 12" x 12". You will need:

Supplies: 


  1. 3 different fabric colors; 1 light, 1 medium, 1 dark in the same scale. (For example, if I want blue, I would choose 1 dark blue, 1 medium blue, and 1 light blue. They can be patterned or solid, your choice. ) 
  2. Rotary cutter
  3. Cutting Mat
  4. Sewing Machine
  5. Thread (matching is recommended but not necessary. I generally use white.) 
  6. Pattern downloaded from website
I will be using my Janome MC8900 and hopefully will be able to show you on video some of the features of this machine. We will also be using block designs from Marcia Hohn's Quilt Cache website. Her patterns are free to use and download, but you cannot sell anything made from her original designs. Remember, these blocks are just for practice anyway! If you post images of your blocks made from any of her original designs that we make, you must include this information: 

Name of the Block as it is on the website
Include website and Martha Hohn's name

I am going to try to stick with traditional designs for now. 

Ok, so you have until February 5, 2014 to get the fabric and necessary supplies before we start! I think this will be a lot of fun and I hope to get a lot of participation. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I try to respond to each and every one. Please note that all comments are moderated and it may take a little while for your comment to appear. :)

Craftsy

Craftsy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...