Welcome!

I craft! Spinning, sewing, knitting, quilting...it's all here, along with so much more. I just love making things and writing about them. I hope you'll join me.

Craftsy

Craftsy

Search This Blog

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Garden Pathways...finished!

A few months ago I blogged about a quilt I was working on for a friend. Well, after putting it off, then coming back to it, putting it off again, and finally just busting tail to complete it in one day, I finished it! I was so excited about the way it turned out - and so was my friend!

Here is the completed quilt:






I finished it using basic stitch in the ditch for the blocks portion of the top. Then I quilted "pebbles" in the left and right side border to resemble a stone pathway. The top and the bottom were quilted to look like blades of grass, mimicking the grass on the borders. The center green border was a continuous leaf pattern. I finished it all up and bound it with lace binding. It was the perfect finishing touch for this ultra-feminine symphony of garden blocks. I really loved working on this quilt and am thinking about doing another one. It was kind of hard to hand it over, but my friend was truly appreciative! Happy quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I try to respond to each and every one. Please note that all comments are moderated and it may take a little while for your comment to appear. :)

Craftsy

Craftsy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...