Welcome!

I craft! Spinning, sewing, knitting, quilting...it's all here, along with so much more. I just love making things and writing about them. I hope you'll join me.

Craftsy

Craftsy

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Blog Organization

I'm not good at organization. I'm one of those people that do things on the spur of the moment, usually involving a last minute attempt to make sure that something is done on time and accurately. This goes for events like birthdays, anniversaries, and major holidays. For some reason I think I have all the time in the world to get things done, but seldom realizing that I have precious little time to do them! Major events usually involve a run to the store at the last minute, on my way to a party, or getting involved with huge crowds because they, too, have forgotten or put it off until the last minute.

My list of resolutions that I so boldly stated on Facebook was
1. Learn to spin by wheel and spindle,
2. To make at least one Christmas craft every week  
3. To save money 
4. Spend more time doing outdoor activities such as gardening, hiking, biking, camping, etc. 
5. that I intended to have all of my Christmas shopping done by November. Yes, I said November.

As I was thinking about number 5, I was also thinking about all of the other stuff that I don't intend to miss, but usually do. Birthdays for extended family, friends, my anniversary...

So, I THEN thought that I would add a bit more to my resolution and try to be a bit more organized with events this year. I found a website that I really like called BigEvents.com. It's free to try for 90 days, and then only $10 a year afterward. I figured, ok, I should know within 90 days if I like it or not and if it works for me. So far, so good.

So after saying all of that, here is the intention behind this post. I'm also going to TRY to organize this blog a little better. It is called Eclectic Technique. Which means that I have a variety of interests and try to cover them all a little at a time. Some days I'll get caught up in quilting posts. Others, a little knitting. And still others, random thoughts like this one. I thought it would be better for my readers if they know what to expect and when! I average about 50 views a day right now, and I really want that to go up this next year. I've had the freaking blog forever, and it's time to take it somewhere. And in trying to keep with all of my resolutions, I'm going to organize the blog so that I can cover some of them!

There are 7 days in a week, which means I can cover 7 topics. So I reviewed my labels for my posts and chose the ones that seem to be used the most. Fortunately, these are also my favorite topics!


  1.  Monday: Crafts -I'll cover general crafts, diy, and things that don't fit into other specific categories
  2.  Tuesday: Knitting/Crochet/Needlework -This is where I'm usually the most eclectic. I enjoy many aspects of needlework and tend to post about a variety of applications for use! 
  3. Wednesday: Quilting - Of course, we have to cover quilting. I may post links to other blog posts I've found helpful, videos, or offer up some advice for those attempting to quilt. Basically, if it involves quilting, it goes here. 
  4. Thursday: Sewing - What is life in the crafty lane without sewing? If it's not quilting, but involves a sewing machine, it goes here. 
  5. Friday: Tutorials - I figure this will give me a weekend and a whole week to figure out. Almost. I'll post more of them. I promise. 
  6.  Saturday: Random Thoughts - You guessed it. Just some random things that I want to write about. Gardening, outdoor activities, biking, hiking, etc. You may or may not enjoy them. You may or may not agree with them. But they're my random musings and open to intelligent, non-emotional, mature discussion. We're not Facebook. We're not name-calling. 
  7. Sunday: Business - Sunday, for me, is always a day to reflect on what the work week will hold starting on Monday. Of course, it's also my church day and I am a Christian, but thoughts wander where they will. Believe it or not, I actually get a lot of calls and inquiries on Sundays and it is also the busiest day for businesses in the internet world. Yeah, I looked that up somewhere. 


Ok. So if you're still with me here, start looking for these posts to begin as early as this coming Monday. I need a day or 3 to get started on the posts and have them scheduled. I'm still working on a double-sided twin quilt, so that must come along at some point too. :) So please bear with me.

As of this posting, you officially only have 1 day and 10 hours to participate in the New Year's Crafty Resolutions Giveaway. You could win a Craftsy class worth $20 to start your crafty resolutions out right!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I try to respond to each and every one. Please note that all comments are moderated and it may take a little while for your comment to appear. :)

Craftsy

Craftsy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...